Wednesday, September 18, 2013

7,369 Miles - Made It! Baby Rag Quilt

While on vacation this spring, I had so much fun making two baby rag quilts for some special little girls. I also made the girls matching elephants, which can be purchased from Doodlebug & Friends.

I found a Rag Quilt Tutorial on Beverlys.com that explained exactly what to do and vas very easy to follow. Both quilts were cut out and sewn together in about 6 hours. The tedious part for me was cutting the edges. These little quilts are super soft and warm. 


What you'll need:
  • 1/2 yard each of 5 flannel patterns
  • Spring loaded scissors
  • Sewing machine

What I did different:
  • Washed the flannel first

What I will do different next time:
  • Use spring loaded scissors
Here's a few pictures of my work:













  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. We love to hear from our readers!